Uber Accident Attorney Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a city that relies on Uber. In fact, rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft became popular in Los Angeles long before they were used in other parts of the country. As convenient as Uber may be, you still have to be careful. You could be injured in an Uber accident just like you could if you were driving. We tend to think we’re safer with an Uber driver because this is what they do for a living. And, there is some truth to this. You also have to keep in mind that Uber drivers are on the road all day and night. Unlike truck drivers, they’re not limited to certain hours. This is because they don’t always work straight through. They only work when they have ride requests. Uber drivers are responsible for the safety of their passengers. This is why they carry high insurance coverage levels. They know they may get into an accident. The insurance is there to cover any damages suffered while riding in an Uber. Uber also carries its own separate insurance for these accidents. This means that if you get hurt while in an Uber accident, you should be covered for your injuries. If you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, you should contact a Los Angeles Uber accident attorney.
What are the Causes of Most Uber Accidents
Uber driver are just like you and me. They’re only human. Most Uber drivers aren’t professional drivers. They're people looking to make some extra money on the side. They haven’t received any special training.
Uber drivers get into accidents every day. It’s a part of life. No matter how careful they try to be, things happen. Some of the most common types of Uber accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – Uber drivers are on the clock when they have passengers in the car. While they’re driving you to your destination, they’re also responding to other ride requests. On top of this, they text and drive just like so many other people. This can lead to distracted driving accidents. Distracted driving is the number one cause for Uber accidents.
- Speeding – Because they’re trying to get as many riders as possible, Uber drivers tend to drive faster than they should. They want to drop you off so they can pick up the next fare. This means you could be at risk of a speeding accident. If you feel like your driver is going too fast, say something. You want to get where you’re going in one piece!
- Lack of Sleep – Uber drivers in cities like Los Angeles get ride requests all day and night. A lot of Uber drivers hate to turn down a job because they need the money. This means they could work up to 20 hours a day. This leaves little time for sleep. Uber drivers are often tired when they’re driving. This makes them extra vulnerable to accidents.
- Poorly maintained vehicles – Uber drivers do have to get their car approved when they’re hired from Uber. However, that doesn’t mean anyone’s inspecting their cars on a regular basis. Your Uber driver’s vehicle could have mechanical issues that cause an accident. If this happens, the driver needs to be held accountable.
- Negligence – Like most other drivers, one of the most common causes of accidents is negligence. This just means that your Uber driver wasn’t as careful as he should have been. Your Los Angeles Uber accident attorney will prove that the driver was negligent.
Your Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer Will Fight the Insurance Company
Thankfully, both your Uber driver and the company carry insurance. So if you are in an Uber accident, you should be able to get your claim paid. Once you receive medical treatment, you can file your insurance claim. In most cases, your claim will be paid in about a week or two.
Not all claims are paid, however. There are a lot of times when the Uber driver’s insurance company denies your claim. Some of the most common reasons for this denial are:
- Their policy had lapsed for non-payment
- The policy wasn’t valid
- The insurance company thinks the other driver was at fault
- They don’t believe you were actually injured
If your claim is denied, you need to call a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer. Your lawyer will go to battle with the insurance company to get your claim paid. He’ll appeal your claim and negotiate with the insurance adjuster.
If your Los Angeles personal injury attorney can’t get your claim settled, he’ll have no choice but to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Your Los Angeles Uber Accident Attorney May Have to Sue Multiple Defendants
If you get hurt in an Uber accident, there could be several people responsible. Your Los Angeles Uber accident attorney will go after all possible defendants. You want to make sure you name them from the beginning. This increases your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
Some of the parties who may be named as defendants include:
- The Uber driver and his insurance company
- Uber and their commercial insurance policy
- Any other drivers involved in the accident
- A bar or restaurant who overserved your Uber driver
- The mechanic who serviced the Uber driver’s vehicle
All of these parties will have their own lawyers defending them. An experienced Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer won’t be intimidated.
Contact a Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer Today
If you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, there are a few things you need to do. First, seek medical treatment. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, go to the hospital. Second, call the police. You need a police report. Do this even if the Uber driver tells you not to.
The last thing you need to do is call a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer. You can schedule your free initial consultation today. This way, you can meet with a skilled lawyer who can answer any of your questions.
Remember – the initial consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case!