Los Angeles Brain Injury Attorney
If you get into any kind of accident, you’re going to suffer injuries. Serious accidents can cause brain injuries. These types of injuries are especially dangerous. In fact, brain injuries, especially traumatic brain injuries, can be life changing. Anyone suffering from a brain inury should have an experienced Los Angeles brain injury attorney in their corner.
A traumatic brain injury happens when you receive a serious blow to the head. This can happen in many different ways. Some of the most common causes for brain injuries are:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Gunshot wounds
- Severe assaults to the head
Anything that can be considered blunt head trauma can cause a brain injury. When a third party is responsible for your brain injury, you need to contact a Los Angeles brain injury attorney.
One of the most important things to remember is to always seek immediate medical treatment after any accident. You may not know you’ve suffered a brain injury. The symptoms aren’t always obvious. They can also appear days after the accident.
If left untreated, brain injuries can be very dangerous. They can even be deadly. The faster you seek treatment, the better your odds of recovering from the injury.
Recognizing the Signs of a Brain Injury
It’s important that you recognize the signs and symptoms of a brain injury. Even after you are treated at the hospital, symptoms can sneak up on you. This could happen days after your accident.
The common signs of a brain injury are:
- Ringing in the ear
- Blurred vision
- Memory loss
- Inability to speak
- Fatigue or inability to sleep
If you see any of these signs, you need to seek medical treatment right away. You need to make sure you’re okay. You also need to document your injuries in case your lawyer needs proof later on.
If your Los Angeles brain injury attorney needs to submit evidence of your injuries to court, the best evidence will be your medical records. In addition to testimony by your doctors, your medical records will serve as excellent proof of your brain injury.
Common Causes of Car Accident Brain Injuries
Most brain injuries are caused by motor vehicle accidents. Even minor accidents can cause brain injuries to the driver or passenger. Some of the types of car accidents that cause the most brain injuries include:
- Head-on collision
- Drunk driving
- Tractor trailer accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
The impact of these types of accidents can be severe. The more reckless the accident, the greater the chance of suffering a traumatic brain injury.
If you’ve been involved in any sort of motor vehicle accident, you need to call the police. This will ensure that you get a police report. Your Los Angeles brain injury attorney will rely on this report.
Your Los Angeles Brain Injury Attorney Will Need the Police Report
Even if the other driver asks you not to call the police, you have to do it. In fact, the more the other driver begs you not to call them, the more important it is that you call the police.
When the police arrive on the scene, they’re doing to do a few things:
- They'll assess the scene and get statements from the parties involved
- They'll check to see if any of the drivers are drunk or under the influence of drugs
- They'll get statements from witnesses
- If there was speeding or other traffic violations, they’ll issue citations
- They'll create a police report
All of these things are done by the police. You can’t do them yourself. This is especially true if you’re seriously injured,
The police report is going to include valuable information. This is information that can usually only be gotten at the time of the accident. Some of this crucial information includes:
- Name and insurance information for all drivers involved in the accident
- Pictures and a description of the accident scene
- A note about road conditions
- Statements made by the drivers
- Name, contact info and statements made by witnesses
- Driver's license information (including if a driver does not have a valid license)
- Information about any tickets or arrests made at the scene
Your Los Angeles brain injury attorney is going to need all of this information to prove your claim.
Brain Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles Get Your Compensation for Your Injuries
If you’re injured in any type of accident, you’re going to expect compensation. The person responsible for your brain injury should have to pay. The best way to make this happen is to rely on an experienced Los Angeles personal injury lawyer.
Some of the damages you can claim for a brain injury include:
- Medical Bills – You're entitled to be reimbursed for current and future medical bills. Brain injuries usually require long-term care. You’ll probably need medical care for years to come. The defendant should be responsible for these costs.
- Lost Wages – If you suffer a brain injury, you’re going to miss a lot of time from work. Your attorney will make sure you receive compensation for these wages.
- Pain and Suffering – You will experience a lot of physical and mental anguish from your brain injury. If your lawsuit, your lawyer will demand that you be compensated for this.
- Permanent Disability – Brain injuries often leave their victims permanently disabled. This could be due to speech issues, memory impairment or vision loss. Regardless of the type of your disability, you should be compensated.
Your Los Angeles brain injury lawyer will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Los Angeles Brain Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury at the hands of another, you deserve compensation. You need to contact a Los Angeles brain injury lawyer to make sure this happens.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation with one of our experienced brain injury lawyers. He’ll take the time to answer any questions you have and review your case. He can even let you know what your case may be worth.
The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you win your case.