Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
Some of the most painful injuries are burn injuries. Even though they may not seem very serious, they’re still very painful. A lot of people who suffer burn injuries almost beg for mercy. This is why it’s important to have an experienced Los Angeles burn injury attorney fight to get victims compensation.
Most burn injuries are caused by car accidents. A lot are also caused by house fires. But you can suffer a burn injury in just about any type of accident. Anytime you’re dealing with a collision, there is a chance of fire.
If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury in an accident, you need to contact a Los Angeles burn injury attorney. Your attorney will work hard to get you justice. They'll make sure the responsible parties are held accountable for the damage they cause.
Types of Burns
Burn injuries are measured in degrees. The higher the number, the worse the burn. The most serious types are 4th degree burns. These burns can be fatal. Most people who suffer 4th degree burns either don’t survive or need a lot of treatment to recover.
The different types of burns are as follows:
- 1st Degree: These are the least severe of all burn types. They can usually be treated with a simple dressing and proper burn care. 1st degree burn injuries can be more dangerous if they occur on your face, neck, hands or feet. If this is the case, seek medical attention immediately.
- 2nd Degree: These types of burns affect more than just the outer layer of skin. They affect the dermis (the level of skin underneath the outside layer of skin.) 2nd degree burns are thought to be the most painful sort of burn there is.
- 3rd Degree: Although more serious than 2nd degree burns, 3rd degree burns are not thought to be as painful. These types of burns affect all the way down to the muscle. The victim may also suffer problems breathing if they inhaled toxic fumes during the injury.
- 4th Degree Burns: These are the worst type of burn injury. They are usually life-threatening. Most victims of 4th degree burns do not survive. They are commonly associated with electric shock and house fires. If someone does survive a 4th degree burn, it is usually with an amputation of the affected areas.
Regardless of what level of injury you suffer, you are still entitled to compensation. If someone is responsible for your injuries, they should be held responsible. It’s your Los Angeles burn injury lawyer’s goal to get you the compensation you deserve.
Los Angeles Burn Attorneys Know the Common Causes of Burn Injuries
As we said earlier, most burns are caused by car accidents and house fires. The good news is that Los Angeles burn injury lawyer can handle all types of cases.
Some of the most common causes of burn injuries are:
- Apartment and Hotel fires: If you or your loved one are injured in a hotel or apartment fire, you should seek medical treatment right away. You also need to contact a Los Angeles burn injury attorney.
- Workplace Fires: If you suffer a burn injury at work, your employer may be responsible. If he was negligent or didn’t follow safety regulations, he can be held responsible.
- Scalding Injuries: Another type of burn injury is a scalding injury. Many times, the victim of a scalding injury is a child or baby.
- Gas Explosions: These accidents happen at factories and gas stations. But it could happen just as easily because of a propane tank.
- Chemical Accidents: These accidents can happen at work or in a factory. Or they can be the result of a large-scale chemical explosion. These accidents cause chemical burns to the victims. If you suffer a chemical burn injury, contact an experienced burn injury lawyer. Your Los Angeles personal injury lawyer will demand compensation for lost wages, medical bills and paid and suffering.
- Electrocutions: A less common cause of a burn injury is an electrocution. Often times, this happens to employees who work in the electrician field. It can also happen to people in other industries such as HVAC, refrigeration and construction.
Regardless of what type of accident you’re in, negligence is probably involved. If this is the case, your Los Angeles burn injury lawyer will have to prove negligence. In order to do this, he’ll have to show the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- He breached this duty
- You were injured
- Your burn injuries were caused by his breach of duty
If he can prove all four elements, you may have a successful claim against the defendant.
Your Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney Will Fight to Get You Compensation
If you’re in an accident and suffer burn injuries, you’re entitled to compensation. Your Los Angeles burn injury lawyer will fight hard to get you this compensation. Depending on your case, you’’’ be entitled to certain damages, including:
- Lost wages
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
Just remember – it's your lawyer’s job to make you whole. It’s not his job to make you rich. He can only get you damages for injuries you’ve actually suffered.
Contact a Burn Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one are in an accident and suffer burn injuries, you need to call an experienced burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles. Your lawyer had years of experience handling these types of cases. He can answer any questions you may have.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation today. You can have a skilled burn injury attorney review your case and let you know what it may be worth. He can also reach out to the defendant to see if there’s a chance of settling your claim.
Burn injuries are very painful. You’ll need to undergo a lot of medical treatment. You need to focus on your recovery. Let your Los Angeles burn injury attorney focus on the legal side of things.