Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Statistics show that Las Vegas and the surrounding Clark County have the highest cases of pedestrian accidents in the United States. A Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer at McDonald Worley is more than happy to help you seek compensation and the justice you deserve when injured in a pedestrian accident.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident contact our Las Vegas injury firm today and schedule a risk-free consultation with one of our export lawyers at McDonald Worley.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Hire McDonald Worley For Your Pedestrian Accident In Las Vegas?
- 2 What Are The Main Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents?
- 3 How High Is The Rate Of Pedestrian Collisions And Crashes In Las Vegas?
- 4 What To Do When Involved In A Pedestrian Accident?
- 5 What Happens If The Party At Fault Leaves The Scene?
- 6 What Financial Recovery To Expect In A Pedestrian Accident Case?
- 7 Get A Free Consultation with a Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Why Hire McDonald Worley For Your Pedestrian Accident In Las Vegas?
Injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident can be devastating, and with fatalities in some cases. It is among the too-common types of accidents on the roads in Las Vegas. If you are a loved one are a victim of such a crash, you should get in touch with our experienced Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyers. We will represent your interests as well as that of your family to ensure you get full compensation.
What Are The Main Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents?
Nevada is ranked among the top ten states with the worst cases of pedestrian accidents; this is according to survey findings of the Department of Motor Vehicles. Remarkably, most of the incidents are not attributed to tourists or visitors who are unfamiliar with their surroundings. More than 90% of the fatal pedestrian accidents involve residents, people that work, and live in Las Vegas.
Interestingly, some of the top causes of many such collisions and crashes are attributed to the following factors:
- Failure to yield right of way to pedestrians on crosswalks and at intersections
- Speeding, running red lights, and stop signs among other similar offenses.
- Pedestrians not obeying traffic signals and using crosswalks
- Kids crossing roads unattended or with no crossing guard on site.
- Pedestrians being distracted by using their phones when texting, on-call, or listening to music via their earphones
The DMV advises people to take and observe certain safety precautions when walking on the roads and streets. For instance, they are asked to wear bright colors and clothes with reflective materials when walking at night. It also is wise to look both ways before crossing the road. Pedestrians are also advised to be alert and aware of their surroundings when walking. Such things may seem simple actions, but they are vital in keeping you from being a victim of a pedestrian accident.
How High Is The Rate Of Pedestrian Collisions And Crashes In Las Vegas?
Nevada records show that the number of pedestrians who were fatally hit by vehicles in Clark County in 2017 was 78. The number in the previous year was 60; figures that show pedestrian accident fatalities are prevalent in the region.
But how common are these collisions across the U.S.? According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the figures for the past year were as follows:
- Injuries associated with pedestrian accidents stood at more than 70,000, up from 61,000 the preceding year
- A pedestrian is killed roughly every 1.6 hours.
- 5,376 pedestrians were killed in traffic collisions; a figure that was around a 10% increase from the previous year
- A pedestrian is hit nearly every 7.5 minutes.
- Pedestrian fatalities accounted for approximately 15% of all the traffic deaths.
According to the Federal Highway Administration of the United States, and the U.S. Department of Transportation, pedestrian accidents are mostly attributed to the following:
- 24% – people tripping on cracked on an uneven walkway
- 17% – pedestrians slipping and falling
- 12% – vehicular collisions
- 6% – pet and wildlife might be involved
- 5% – people tripping on rocks or stones
- 5% – Pedestrians falling or stepping into potholes, pits, drains, or dips
What To Do When Involved In A Pedestrian Accident?
We are McDonald Worley advise people to take the following five steps if you are a victim of a pedestrian accident in Las Vegas:
- Go for a medical checkup soon after the crash. You should put your health and well-being first as you plan to seek compensation for your injuries.
- Inform the police about the incident and take your statement. Make sure they have a full report that can be used in the future.
- If you can assess the situation before leaving to seek treatment, try to record what you can about your injuries, the state of the road, and the weather. Also, take the driver’s contacts and other essential details, such as their address and insurer. Take down the name and contacts of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the scene using your cellphone, or as a bystander to do it and send you the photos. Make sure the images capture all the critical details of the accidents.
- Get in touch with the Las Vegas car accident lawyers at McDonald Worley to help. Our attorneys shall investigate the cause of the crash and determine the best steps to take against the party at fault.
What Happens If The Party At Fault Leaves The Scene?
If you sustained significant injuries and had to be rushed to the hospital, then our attorneys will take the lead. They will investigate the causes of your injuries after the fact. Our Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyers will work in conjunction with accident reconstruction experts. They are also experienced in dealing with fleeing motorists as well as insurance companies that try to cover up certain facts about the accident. All these are measures taken to ensure that you have a robust claim case when the matter is in court.
What Financial Recovery To Expect In A Pedestrian Accident Case?
At McDonald Worley, we shall go over your case and review the circumstances surrounding the injuries you sustained. It will help us determine if there was any recklessness or negligence on the part of the defendant and how we shall proceed when helping you recover your financial losses. We have a team of personal injury attorneys that will provide unmatched legal representation. They have the necessary experience needed to ensure you get the most favorable outcome.
Get A Free Consultation with a Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
You or your loved one are entitled to compensation if you were victims of a pedestrian accident. At McDonald Worley, we have a team of Las Vegas personal injury attorney that will help you through the process and help you seek justice for damages and losses. We will evaluate your claim at no extra charge and then represent your interests as you seek compensation.