Who’s Responsible if I Get Injured by a Defective Product in Houston?
It’s that time of year when people are cleaning up from the summer and getting their homes ready for fall. The temperatures are dropping and that means you want to get your lawn work done as quickly as possible. Or maybe you’re getting ready to decorate your home for the holidays. That doesn’t mean you should cut corners though. There are so many dangerous products out there, you need to put safety first. Sometimes, however, no matter how careful you are, you may still be injured by a defective product.
If this happens, your personal injury attorney in Houston will review your case and determine exactly who you need to pursue. You may need to file a claim against a variety of people, including:
- The manufacturer or distributor or a dangerous product
- Drug companies or pharmacies
- Your doctor
- A neighbor or property owner
- A store or rental company
As long as you pursue the proper parties, you should be able to receive the compensation you deserve. Your attorney will hard to protect your rights while you focus on getting better.
Be Careful When Using Lawncare Tools
If you’re the one who does the lawn care for your home, you know what it’s like to work with dangerous power tools. You have to be extra careful with these products. Most of them have sharp blades that can cut off a limb. If something goes wrong, you could suffer a very serious injury or even die.
If you’re using a power tool that runs on either gas or electric, take safety precautions. Hundreds of people are injured every year by defective lawn tools. If this happens to you, contact your Houston personal injury lawyer right away.
Always be Mindful of What Toys Your Children Play With
There are so many toys out there, it’s hard to keep track. Make sure you look at the age recommendations on any toy you buy your children. Some toys come with small parts and present a choking challenge. Others are simply dangerous for any child, no matter how small they are.
If your child is injured by any of their new toys this holiday season, call and speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer right away. The manufacturer of the toy may be liable for any injuries suffered by your child.
Don’t Take Any Medication without Confirming with Your Doctor
A lot of people get sick this time of year. Whether it’s a nasty cold or the flu, you may find yourself under the weather. When this happens, it’s a good idea to see a doctor. However, don’t blindly take whatever medication your doctor prescribes you. Make sure you follow these safety precautions to avoid unnecessary injuries:
- Make sure your doctor checked for interactions and allergies
- Ensure that the pharmacy filled the prescription with the right medicine
- Look for any harmful side effects
If you are injured due to a dangerous drug or prescription error, call your personal injury lawyer in Houston right away.
If You’re Injured by a Defective Product, You’re Entitled to Damages
If you’re injured by any sort of defective or dangerous product, the defendant should be liable for your damages. You shouldn’t be left holding the bag if someone else caused your injures. That’s why your personal injury attorney in Houston is going to demand the following damages:
- Medical bills and future medical bills – You shouldn’t have to pay your medical bills if the incident wasn’t your fault. This includes any future medical care that you may need. Your doctor can testify as to what kind of medical treatment you may need as a result of your injuries.
- Lost wages – If you miss a significant amount of time from work, the defendant should be held liable for these wages. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will submit time sheets and payroll records to prove these damages.
- Lost future earnings – If you aren’t able to return to work after your injury, you’ll be entitled to additional damages. For example, if you end up on permanent disability, you’re entitled to the difference you would’ve earned working full-time.
Just remember, it’s your personal injury lawyer’s job to make you whole. It’s not their job to make you rich.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, Texas
If you or your loved one are injured by a defective product, you’re going to need help. Call and speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Houston right away. They’ll review your case and let you know what it might be worth. They’ll also answer any questions you might have.
Call McDonald Worley today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.