What Should You Do if You Get Hurt at a Texans Game This Season?
The NFL football season is well underway. And, if you’re anything like your fellow Texans, you love watching your local team. You may watch it at a local sports bar, or you might watch it at home. But, if you’re lucky, you may get to watch the game in person at the stadium. Most people who go to a Houston Texans game like to tailgate for a bit at the stadium before kickoff. People tend to drink a lot of alcohol when they tailgate. This means that there’s a good chance that someone could get into an altercation of sorts. If this happens, you may get hurt at a Texans game.
Or, you may be inside the stadium when something happens that causes your injury. there are all sorts of ways to get injured at a Texans game. The important thing will be proving that it was the stadium’s fault that you were injured. Otherwise, you’ll have no personal injury case at all.
If you get hurt at a Texans game, you may have a claim for damages. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will have to review your case and see if you have a potential legal claim.
Common Types of Football Stadium Accidents and Injuries
The goal when you go to a football game is to have fun. Well, that and to watch your favorite team win. Sadly, there’s also the chance that you could get hurt while at the game.
Some of the most common injuries and accidents that can happen at a football game include:
- You’re assaulted by a rowdy fan rooting for the other team (or even your own team!)
- You fall down the steps and get hurt
- You’re hit in the head by someone selling concessions
- Your chair is broken and you fall and get hurt
- You are knocked down in a crowd and sustain a traumatic brain injury.
If any of these things happen, you’re going to need a good personal injury lawyer in Houston. If you sustain physical injuries while at the stadium, someone should be held responsible. The questions is – who will that be?
Who Is Liable if You Get Hurt at a Texans Game?
The toughest thing about these types of cases is proving that the stadium owners or management are liable. In order to collect any damages, your Houston injury attorney has to prove negligence. To do this, they must show the following four (4) things:
- Management owed you a duty of care
- They breached this duty of care
- You have to suffer an injury
- Your injuries were caused by their breach
Your Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Will Demand Damages
If you’re hurt while tailgating or attending a Houston Texans game this season, you may be entitled to damages.. Your personal injury lawyer in Houston is going to fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Some of the damages you may demand include:
- Medical bills and future medical bills – Depending on how bad your injuries are, you may be entitled to medical bills. It will be a matter of how serious your injuries are as to how much you will get.
- Lost wages – Hopefully you’ll be back to work on Monday after a Texans win. But if you’re not and miss a couple of weeks from work, you can demand lost wages.
- Lost future earnings – If you’re no longer able to do the same kind of work because of the accident, you may have a claim for future lost earnings.
- Pain and Suffering – If you get into a brawl at a game or are hurt by an unsafe condition, you may experience a lot of pain and suffering.
It’s just important to remember. Your personal injury in Houston is going to try to make you whole. It is not their job to make you rich. Be realistic when it comes to the kind of money you expect to receive in your settlement.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer if You’ve Been Hurt at a Texans Game
If you or your loved one are injured in any sort of stadium accident, you’re going to need help. You’re supposed to have fun when you go to a football game. The last thing you expect is to get hurt. But if it happens, it’s good to know that your Houston personal injury lawyer can help.
Call and talk to someone at our Houston personal injury law firm today. Take an hour out of your day and see what our experienced injury lawyers can do to help.