What Should You Do if You Get Hurt at a Texans Game This Season?
The NFL football season is well underway. And, if you’re anything like your fellow Texans, you love watching your local team. You may watch it at a local sports bar, or you might watch it at home. But, if you’re lucky, you may get to watch the game in person at the stadium. Most people who go to a Houston Texans game like to tailgate for a bit at the stadium before kickoff. People tend to drink a lot of alcohol when they tailgate. This means that there’s a good chance that someone could get into an altercation of sorts. If this happens, you may get hurt at a Texans game.
Or, you may be inside the stadium when something happens that causes your injury. there are all sorts of ways to get injured at a Texans game. The important thing will be proving that it was the stadium’s fault that you were injured. Otherwise, you’ll have no personal injury case at all.
If you get hurt at a Texans game, you may have a claim for damages. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will have to review your case and see if you have a potential legal claim.
Common Types of Football Stadium Accidents and Injuries
The goal when you go to a football game is to have fun. Well, that and to watch your favorite team win. Sadly, there’s also the chance that you could get hurt while at the game.
Some of the most common injuries and accidents that can happen at a football game include:
- You’re assaulted by a rowdy fan rooting for the other team (or even your own team!)
- You fall down the steps and get hurt
- You’re hit in the head by someone selling concessions
- Your chair is broken and you fall and get hurt
- You are knocked down in a crowd and sustain a traumatic brain injury
If any of these things happen, you’re going to need a good personal injury lawyer in Houston. If you sustain physical injuries while at the stadium, someone should be held responsible. The questions is – who will that be?
Who Is Liable if You Get Hurt at a Texans Game?
The toughest thing about these types of cases is proving that the stadium owners or management are liable. In order to collect any damages, your Houston injury attorney has to prove negligence. To do this, they must show the following four (4) things:
- Management owed you a duty of care
- They breached this duty of care
- You have to suffer an injury
- Your injuries were caused by their breach
Your Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Will Demand Damages
If you’re hurt while tailgating or attending a Houston Texans game this season, you may be entitled to damages. Your personal injury lawyer in Houston is going to fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Some of the damages you may demand include:
- Medical bills and future medical bills – You shouldn’t have to pay your medical bills if the incident wasn’t your fault. This includes any future medical care that you may need. Your doctor can testify as to what kind of medical treatment you may need as a result of your injuries.
- Lost wages – If you miss a significant amount of time from work, the defendant should be held liable for these wages. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will submit time sheets and payroll records to prove these damages.
- Lost future earnings – If you aren’t able to return to work after your injury, you’ll be entitled to additional damages. For example, if you end up on permanent disability, you’re entitled to the difference you would’ve earned working full-time.
- Pain and Suffering – These damages are meant to compensate you for the physical and mental anguish caused by your injuries. If you experience any pain and suffering as a result of your stadium injury, you may be eligible for compensation. In fact, these types of damages usually make up the lion’s share of a personal injury case.
It’s just important to remember. Your personal injury in Houston is going to try to make you whole. It is not their job to make you rich. Be realistic when it comes to the kind of money you expect to receive in your settlement.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer if You Were Hurt at a Texans Game
If you or your loved one are injured in any sort of stadium accident, you’re going to need help. Call and speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Houston right away. They’ll review your case and let you know what it might be worth. They’ll also answer any questions you might have.
Call McDonald Worley today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.