What Are the 5 Most Common Types of Car Accidents in Texas?
Car accidents happen every day – they just don’t happen to you. You see accidents on the side of the road all the time. On your way to work, you complain about traffic only to find out it’s caused by a car that flipped over. Or, you are late coming back from lunch because someone in front of you got into a rear-end accident.
One of these days, however, a car accident could happen to you. No matter how careful you, it doesn’t protect you from other drivers. If you do get into an accident, you’re going to want to hold someone responsible. This is where a Houston auto accident attorney enters the scene.
Some car accidents are minor. You’ll miss a day or two from work and suffer only minor injuries. Others are more serious, requiring surgery and physical therapy. You could be out of work for weeks or even months. These cases involve a lot more in the way of damages.
Your car accident lawyer in Houston knows how to handle all types of accident cases. However, there are 5 types of cases that are more common than any others.
Types of Car Accidents
A lot of us have gotten into fender benders. Most are a minor inconvenience and nothing more. If you get into a more serious type of accident, you’re going to need a Houston auto accident attorney.
Some of the more common types of car accidents in Texas are:
- Rear-End accidents: One of the most common types of car accidents are rear-end accidents. You can be minding your own business waiting for a light to turn green and feel your car get rammed from behind. Some drivers are simply not paying attention to the road and don’t realize that you have stopped. Some drivers are just driving too fast and can’t stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Head-On Collisions: One of the most dangerous types of car accidents is a head-on collision. The injuries associated with this type of accident are usually very serious. This is because both cars may be traveling at a high rate of speed. When they collide, the impact is significant. The impact causes injuries that can be hard to recover from.
- Wrong Way Accidents: There is no justification for why someone is driving down the wrong side of the road. Mistakes happen and drivers get lost in an unfamiliar neighborhood. The problem with wrong way accidents is that they may involve speeding, drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs. In any case, the behavior is reckless and can lead to life-changing injuries.
- Distracted driving: No matter how hard police work to curb texting and driving, people still do it every day. You probably do it yourself. When you’re busy texting or doing something else in your car, you can’t focus on the road. This is how people get hurt and killed.
- Drunk and Impaired Driving: There is no reason why anyone should drink or do drugs and then get behind the wheel. In this day and age of ridesharing, there is no excuse. For a few dollars, you can hire an Uber or Lyft driver to take you home.
No matter what type of accident you’re involved in, you may be entitled to compensation.
What Kind of Damages Can Your Houston Auto Accident Attorney Demand?
If you get hurt in a car accident, you deserve compensation for damages. Your lawyer will work hard to get you the money you deserve. Some of the damages he’ll demand include:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
In order to get you damages, you need to give your attorney a chance to prepare a strong case. This means he’ll need the following information from you. Bring this information to your initial consultation:
- Medical records
- Pay stubs to prove wages
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Accident report or police report
- Insurance information for you and the other drivers
- Pictures of injuries
- Contact information for any eyewitnesses
All of this can be helpful in proving your case.
Contact a Houston Auto Accident Attorney Right Away
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you need to contact a Houston auto accident attorney today. The defendant’s lawyer is going to work as hard as yours to represent their client, and will make an argument that you were the one at fault.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation. Discuss your case with an experienced car accident attorney. They can answer any questions you may have, and can also give you an idea of how strong your case is. Also, you pay nothing until you win your case!