After being involved in a car accident, it is advisable that you reach out to a lawyer in Cypress at McDonald Worley. With the help of a legal representative, you will be able to seek compensation for all damages. After an accident, many victims are left wondering how to settle medical bills and other expenses such as the cost of car repair. Another issue that victims face is how to recover for lost wages. However, by contacting our team, we can guide you on how to do to build a strong case.
Our personal injury attorneys have decades of experience in fighting for the rights of victims who have been involved in car accidents. Because of our experience with car accident claims, our brand is recognized throughout Texas. We are determined to help victims with their cases and ensure that they get the highest reward for their claim.
Table of Contents
How do I Know if I Have a Car Accident Case?
Determining if you have a solid case is dependent on three things.
- If damages are enough to warrant the case of a claim. It is the attorney’s responsibility to determine this as they also need to know if the case is worth their while. If the case is only worth a couple of thousand dollars, then it’s probably not worth their effort and time. While this seems harsh, it is the truth.
- If the defendant has resources. An attorney will also consider if an insurer is involved in the case; if there is one, chances are you are going to get paid for your damages. However, if your claims suit is against a single individual, your lawyer might want to know if the party has any assets. If they don’t, then it’s going to be hard for them to represent you as the final ruling might not be worth more than the piece of paper it is printed on.
- If you can prove liability. If you don’t have evidence that supports your claim, then it will be very hard for your attorney to prove fault. You need to have sufficient evidence and facts that prove that the other party is responsible for the injuries you’ve suffered.
How Much Time Do I Have Before Filing A Car Accident Claim in Texas?
Irrespective of where you live, there is law in your state that stipulates the amount of time you have to file a claim legally, and that law is known as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file your compensation claim within this period, then you lose your chance to claim for injuries suffered for good.
Since this law is different in each type of claim, it is a good idea to consider having an experienced auto accident attorney near Cypress handle the claim for you. Lawyers know the law and can help ensure that your claim for compensation is filed in time, preserving your rights to collect compensation for damages suffered.
How are Auto Accident Claims Valued in Texas?
The main thing to remember when thinking of filing a claim is that each case is unique. There are no two cases that are the same – two individuals who suffer the same type of injuries may have their claims settled at different amounts. To determine how much your case is worth, our accident lawyers will have to review the case first.
Several factors are determined when valuing a car accident claim, and they include:
Insurance Policy Limits: The State of Texas requires that all drivers carry auto insurance of a certain amount. Though the limit is set, some Texan drivers do opt to buy extra coverage. The minimum auto insurance amounts in Texas are as follows:
- $25,000/accident for property damage
- $30,000/injured person
- $60,000/accident for injuries
What’s the Process of Getting a Car Accident Report?
After a car wreck, do you know what you need to do to get your accident on record and get a copy of the police report? A lot of people do not! The first thing to do is find out from which law enforcement agency the investigating officer came from.
Normally, the first officers on the scene of the accident will provide you a card indicating the name of the officer and their department. If you weren’t provided with this contact information slip, then you’ll have to find the information you need another way by checking with the City Police Department, the Texas Department of Public Safety, or with the County Sherriff.
If the incident happened:
- Within city limits – Consider contacting that city’s police department and requesting them to provide you with a copy of the auto accident report.
- Outside city limits – Check with the County Sherriff’s office. Contact the accident division and request for a copy of the report.
- Outside city limits, but the County Sherriff is not involved – Consider checking with the Department of Public Safety.
It is worth noting that some agencies will only respond to requests that have been sent via mail, while others might require that you send a handwritten request. But generally speaking, the cost to get a copy of the report is no more than a couple of dollars.
Reach Out To A Car Accident Lawyer in Cypress Today!
If you are need of an experienced attorney after sustaining injuries as a result of a car accident, then you might want to contact a Cypress personal injury firm.
Our team of lawyers are available around the clock, which gives you the privilege of reaching out to us at any time. Moreover, we do not charge any fees for our service unless we succeed in winning your case.
Call us today at McDonald Worley and consult a Cypress car accident lawyer for free.. Furthermore, our attorneys have been offering legal services to clients within the State of Texas for more than 20 years.
We can help you get the compensation you deserve, all you have to do is reach out to us today!