Gabriel Assaad grew up in Rochester, New York. After graduating from McQuaid Jesuit High School, he attended the University of Florida and graduated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering in 1996. Afterwards, he worked as a design engineer for a consulting firm in Rochester, NY. Gabriel then decided he wanted to go to law school and moved to Nashville, Tennessee to attend Vanderbilt University Law School.
After graduating from Vanderbilt Law School in 2001, Gabriel accepted a position with Dickstein Shapiro, LLP, a large Washington, DC law firm. At Dickstein Shapiro, he worked primarily on Patent Litigation and Patent Prosecution. In 2004, Gabriel decided to leave the Big Firm practice and pursued his goals of representing individuals in the justice system. Gabriel joined Paulson & Nace, a nationally recognized personal injury law firm in Washington, D.C. There he represented clients in personal injury, medical malpractice and product liability cases. While at Paulson & Nace, Gabriel represented hundreds of victims of negligence and was first chair or second chair in over 15 jury trials.
In 2008, Gabriel opened up his law firm in Washington, DC and continued to represent victims of negligence and medical malpractice. In 2010, Gabriel and his wife Kristin had their first child and decided to relocate to Houston, TX to be closer to family.
In 2012, Gabriel joined Kennedy Hodges LLP. At Kennedy Hodges, he continued his representation of individuals that were victims of malpractice and negligence. In addition, Gabriel also represented individuals in which their employers failed to properly pay them their due wages. In 2015, Gabriel began a Mass Torts practice at Kennedy Hodges. During his tenure there, he was one of the lead attorneys in the Bair Hugger litigation in Minnesota.. In addition, he has been appointed by the court to the Plaintiff Steering Committee in the Smith and Nephew Birmingham Resurfacing litigation and the 3M Combat Arms litigation.
In 2019, Gabriel joined McDonald Worley to expand his Mass Torts practice and to represent hundreds of victims as a result of corporate negligence.
Gabriel is married to Kristin, who is an assistant district attorney in Houston and has two children ages five and nine.
Areas of Practice
- 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Wage and Hour
- Pharmacy Malpractice
- Industrial Accidents
- Products Liability
- Recalled Products
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Torts
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- Vanderbilt Law School (J.D.)
- University of Florida (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association,
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association.
- Houston Bar Association
- Washington, D.C. Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice