If you’ve ever been on a cruise, you know much fun it can be. From the moment you step on the ship, there are tons of things to do. There are shows and games. There are fun contests by the pool. You’ll eat and drink to your heart’s content. Unfortunately, for some people, their cruise vacation can lead to pretty serious injuries.
Summer is a time when a lot of people go on vacation. The news shows us stories every week about people who got sick or hurt on a cruise ship. When you consider that a ship is in the middle of the ocean, it’s scary to think of what will happen if you get hurt on board.
The ship will have an infirmary and small clinic on board. If you suffer a minor injury or illness, they will do what they can to help you. If you suffer very serious injuries, they may even arrange to transport you to the closest hospital.
Not only will this ruin your vacation, but it can also lead to long-term medical issues. If you or your loved one are hurt while on a cruise ship, you may have a legal claim. You can file suit against the cruise line for damages. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
What Kinds of Injuries Can You Sustain on a Cruise Ship?
Nobody wants to think about getting hurt while on their dream vacation. But accidents do happen. There are all sorts of ways you can get injured while on board. Some of these injuries include:
- Slip and Fall – There are lots of wet floors and decks on board major cruise liners. You could fall and hurt your back or even suffer a traumatic brain injury. If this happens, your Houston personal injury lawyer can help get you compensation for your medical bills.
- Premises Liability – You may not slip and fall. However, you can still get hurt on the ship. You could hit your head on a piece of loose equipment. You could even contract food poisoning while on board.
- Sexual Harassment – There is the chance that someone who works for the cruise line could sexually harass you. This could include sexual assault, rape or even just minor harassment. You have a right to be free from this kind of behavior. Your personal injury lawyer in Houston will demand that you receive compensation for your injuries.
Regardless of the type of injury you suffer, the cruise line should be held responsible. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will demand that you be compensated for your injuries.
What Kinds of Damages Can You Demand?
If you get into an accident while on board a cruise ship, you may be entitled to damages. In your lawsuit, your Houston personal injury lawyer will demand the following:
- Medical Bills – The defendant will be responsible for your medical bills. This includes both your current and future medical bills. Your doctor will testify to the medical care you need long-term. It’s hard to prove exactly how much this will cost.
- Lost Wages – You may end up missing weeks or even months from your job. It depends on how bad your injuries are. If you lose wages because of your cruise accident, you are entitled to compensation.
- Pain and Suffering – These damages are intended to compensate you for the pain and mental anguish caused by your injuries. This may make up the lion’s share of your damages.
- Permanent Disability –Your injuries could be very serious. You may not be able to work again after your incident. If this is the case, you’ll be losing a large amount of money in future earnings. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will demand that you be compensated for this lost money.
The cruise line may be eager to settle your lawsuit. They don’t want the bad press from an accident on their ships. This is why your attorney will make sure they don’t accept a low-ball settlement offer.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, Texas
If you get hurt in any sort of accident, you’re going to need the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Houston. You need to focus on recovering from your injuries. Let your lawyer handle the legal side of things.
Call McDonald Worley today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.