Houston Car Accident Lawyers
One of the hardest things for car accident lawyers to do is prove fault in an accident case. Neither driver is going to raise their hand and say that the accident was his fault. They’re afraid that if they admit that they’re at fault, they’ll be held responsible for the accident. Usually, one or both drivers are at fault for an auto accident. It’s hard to say that any of us are perfect drivers.
However, accidents happen for a reason. Someone wasn’t paying attention to the road and hit another car. Or, they were driving too fast and couldn’t stop in time to avoid a collision. So, what do you do if nobody is responsible for the accident? What has both drivers did everything they were supposed to do, and the accident still happened? There are times when an accident is caused, not by a driver, but by a car defect. If a car is defective, it can cause a serious accident. If you’re involved in an accident caused by a defective car, you need to contact a Houston personal injury lawyer right away.
Do Houston Auto Accident Attorneys Know How to Handle a Car Defect Claim?
Car accident lawyer may handle car accident cases, however, they’re familiar with all types of personal injury law. Car defect cases involve something called product liability This is the area of the law that deals with defective products. Although some of these cases deal with toys and lawnmowers, a lot more involve defective cars.
Sometimes, an accident can be caused by a defective car. The defect may involve any of the following:
- Defective parts, design, manufacturing, or repairs
- Non-published recalls
If your case involves any of these things, your Houston auto accident lawyer will make sure he files a claim against the proper parties. Although you may still have a claim against the defendant’s insurance company, more than likely, you’ll have to file a claim against the car manufacturer.
Your Houston Automobile Lawyer Will Do the Research Necessary to Prove Your Case
Some car accidents are caused by recklessness or negligence on the part of the other driver. But sometimes, the accident is caused by the vehicles themselves. In other cases, the accident may not have been caused by the defect, but your injuries are much worse because of the defect.
Some of the most common types of car defects include:
- A lot of car defects involved in accidents involve airbags. Here are some commonly seen issues with airbags:
- Don’t deploy at all
- Deploy when they shouldn’t
- Deploy too fast or with too much force
- Seatbelt issues also lead to serious injuries in car accidents. Some often seen seatbelt issues include:
- They unbuckle during the accident
- Seatbelts break or fail during the accident
- Roofs that collapse during an accident. This can lead to serious bodily injury. When the roof collapses, especially during impact, the driver and his passengers can suffer head and brain injuries.
- Vehicle fires are the cause of many car accident injuries. Every now and then, a car explodes upon impact. When a certain part of the car is hit, it causes the car to spontaneously combust.
- Brake failure – If your brakes don’t work when they’re supposed to, you can get hurt or even killed.
- Tire failure – When a tire blows out or falls off a vehicle, it causes the driver to lose control of the car. This can cause either a single car accident that hurts the victim, or it causes the car to collide with another vehicle.
Your Houston auto accident attorney will have experts testify as to the defects of your car. If these defects caused or contributed to the severity of your injuries, the manufacturer will be held liable.
Contact a Houston Auto Accident Attorney Today
If you’re involved in a car accident, you need to contact a Houston auto accident attorney today. Your injuries may have been caused or exacerbated by a car defect. If this is the case, the manufacturer of the car will have to be named in your lawsuit.
Your lawyer will still file a claim against the other driver. There is a chance that he was responsible for the accident. Even if the car defect caused more serious injuries, it doesn’t always alleviate the liability on the part of the defendant.
Call McDonald Worley and schedule your initial consultation today. It is absolutely free and it gives you a chance to discuss your case with an experienced car accident attorney.